In order to increase the cooperation and understanding between the people of China and other countries, develop outstanding talent and improve the perception of China’s higher education, under the mandate of the Ministry of Education, USTC is opening application for full-time postgraduate studies under the Chinese Government Scholarship program.
1. Scholarship Availability : 5
2. Application Deadline: March 31, 2011
3. Qualifications for Scholarship Application:
1) Applicants must be foreign nationals, and in good health;
2) Applicants are not current students of Chinese university;
3) Education and age requirements:
Applicants for doctorate study should have obtained a master’s degree and not be older than 40;
Applicants for master’s study should have obtained a bachelor’s degree and not be older than 35;
4) Applicants should have excellent grades.
5) Applicant is not a recipient of any other scholarships at the time of application.
4. Scholarship Scope:
1)Students are exempt from registration fees, tuition, laboratory fees, internship fees, study materials and accommodation costs;
2) A living allowance is provided (Masters students 1700RMB/month, Doctorate students 2000RMB/month);
3) New arrival one-off settlement subsidy 1500RMB/person;
4) Out-patient medical fees and Chinese Government Scholarship Foreign Students Medical Insurance 600RMB/person/year.
Note: For details, please consult Chinese Scholarship Council webpage at http://www.csc.edu.cn
All programs for Master’s degree and Doctoral degree in the Admission Catalog for International Students are open to international students. Those who apply for programs conducted in Chinese can apply for a one-year Chinese learning program under the scholarship.
6. Application Procedure and Documents:
1) Submit your application for Chinese Government Scholarship online (http://laihua.csc.edu.cn) and print the application from. Agency code for USTC is 10358.
2) Send your application form and a complete set of application materials including copy of passport, notarized copy of latest diploma and academic transcript, study/research plan, resume, two letters of recommendation by professors, HSK (if you have) and foreigner physical examination form (http://en.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/f2c42b606ab44637a232205d11e4b1dd.shtml )
7. The class shall begin in September, 2011.
Address: International Affairs Office, University of Science and Technology of China
96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, 230026 Anhui, China
52 Sanlihe Rd., Xicheng District,
Beijing, China (100864)