The Qinghai Institute of Salt Lakes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) invites talented scientists across the world to apply for the position of Director of Key Laboratory for Green and High-value Utilization of Salt Lake Resources (hereinafter referred to as the Lab) or recommend qualified talents for the position.
The Qinghai Institute of Salt Lakes was founded in 1965 and is the only national institute specializing in salt lake research in China. The Lab, launched in September 2022 by CAS, aims at the scientific front-edge of salt lake research and China's strategic needs for salt related resources and products such as potassium, lithium, magnesium and boron. The mission of the Lab is to make breakthrough in key technologies relating to green and high-efficiency separation of salt lake resources and multi-effect adjustment and control of materials preparation based on salt lake elements, provide scientific support and qualified researchers in the speedup construction of world-class salt lake industry base and national clean energy industry clusters, and become the leader of scientific and technological innovation in salt lake research.
1. Responsibilities of the Position
(1) In full charge of the Lab, including planning of development strategy and implementation, organizing teams to apply and carry out key research projects to achieve a number of world-class researchfindings;
(2) Recruit and foster a group of research leaders with strong academic influence, organize and set up innovative teams with high research level;
(3) Strengthen multi-discipline and inter-discipline research of the Lab and academic exchange with other innovative institutions and promote academic reputation of the Lab internationally;
(4) Set up innovative institutional mechanism and management of the Lab with scientist-oriented and high-performance. Foster a culture of teamwork and interdisciplinary cooperation;
(5) Responsible for the daily routine management of the Lab.
(1) Patriotic and dedicated, with good academic ethics and professional conduct, rich experience in scientific research management and strong capability of organization and coordination;
(2) Familiar with the latest progress in the field of salt lake research, have in-depth academic knowledge and important peer-recognized academic achievement;
(3) Work full time in the Lab. Age should be no more than 50 years old with exception for those outstanding applicants.
3. Salary and Welfare
(1) The director of the Lab will be authorized full decision-making right over the staffing, funding, equipment as well as academic development issues.
(2) The director will be employed as professor and doctorate student mentor of University
(3) The director will be given full right to build up the team and will be provided 10-15 million Yuan of research funds (including government supporting funds).
(4) Salary will be decided based on negotiation and be internationally competitive. Welfares include settling allowance, housing, spouse's employment, schooling of kids, research fund and graduate student allocation, all these will be provided upon negotiation.
(5) The institute will provide top-class service in assisting the application of research projects and assisting foreign scientists in their job approvals and entry visas.
4. Document Needed for Application and Interview
Document for application
(2) Identification document: a scanned copy of ID card or passport, copies of all academic qualifications, copies of all awards and prizes;
(3) Copies of main achievements: books, papers, patents and other documents that can prove the achievements of the applicant in the recent five years;
(4) Documents attesting to past management positions, professional and other social affiliations;
(5) Work plan, future academic development expectations and living facilities that the applicant wishes the institute to provide, and any other information that the applicant wishes to provide.
Applicants should send their application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20, 2023. Eligible applicants will be notified of further interview information.
Mr. LI Fafu
Mobile phone: +86-13709754851
Email address: email@example.com
52 Sanlihe Rd., Xicheng District,
Beijing, China (100864)