Location: Beijing, China
Duration: 2-3 years
Salary: 300k-500k RMB (~￡36k-￡60k) plus accommodation allowance
Closure: December 15, 2022
The Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) is the national leading research institution which brings together scientists and engineers from China and around the world to address today's scientific and technological challenges. The Institute of Mechanics of CAS is anational research centre focusing on multidisciplinary research areas underpinned by mechanics, e.g., multiscale mechanics, gas dynamics, aerodynamics, microgravity science and its applications, oceanic engineering, environment, energy, transportation, advanced manufacturing, biomechanics, and bioengineering. It has two state key laboratories in the areas of nonlinear mechanics, and high temperature gas dynamics.
CAS Postdoctoral Fellowships
The prestigious CAS Fellowships are designed to expedite career development of young promising talents who have a passion for fundamental research and technological development. The appointed fellows will conduct their research in the State Key Laboratory of High temperature Gas Dynamics (LHD), contributing to the intellectual wealth and collegiate environment of the institute. Applicants are expected to have strong track records in one of the following areas: rarefied gas dynamics, aerodynamics, computational mechanics/materials, and high-performance scientific computing.
Successful candidates will perform and deliver fundamental and applied research that complements and integrates with other appropriate research activities in LHD and the institute. Fellows will be expected to:
1. Perform and deliver research of high quality within the area of high-Mach flow and its interaction with surface. LHD aims to build upon its internationally excellent position in this domain.
2. Demonstrate research of at least nationally excellent quality, and deliver significant publishing activity in quality peer-reviewed research journals.
3. Work with and contribute to the development of research staff and students within LHD.
4. Participate in collaborative research projects at the institute, in China and around the world, with academic researchers in the field.
1. PhD degree in physics, engineering, applied mathematics, mechanics, or any related subject.
2. Proven ability to conduct collaborative research with academia and industry.
3. A number of high-quality peer-reviewed journal publications.
4. Research expertise in kinetic theory and methods, molecular dynamics, peridynamics, direct simulation of Monte Carlo method, computational mechanics/materials, or high performance scientific computing. The CAS fellows will be eligible to apply for a range of funding schemes available in CAS and the institute. After 2 years, the fellows will be considered for permanent posts of the Institute and other talent schemes.
More experienced candidates are also welcome to apply for Associate and Full Professorships. In addition to the basic annual salary, the institute provides various benefits including pension, medical insurance, accommodation allowance. For more information about the CAS Fellowships and other talent schemes, please contact Prof. ZHANG Yonghao (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications for CAS fellowships must be received by 15 December 2022. Meanwhile, we will consider each application individually when we receive it before the deadline. Please send your CV with the contact information of two referees, and a covering letter to Prof. ZHANG and HR personnel (email@example.com).