Aug 06, 2015
Executive Deputy Director of State Key Laboratory of Applied Optics in CIOMP
Changchun Institute of Optics, Fine Mechanics and Physics (CIOMP), Chinese Academy of Sciences, seeks an Executive Deputy Director for the State Key Laboratory of Applied Optics (SKLAO). Founded in 1986, the SKLAO was one of the first State Key Laboratories in China. Focusing on three major fields–short wavelength optics, space optics, and advanced optical technology and their applications, the SKLAO has established several large-scale integrated research platforms in shortwave optics, liquid crystal adaptive optics and micro-nano processing. By concentrating on basic research, its applications and key technologies, the SKLAO has made breakthroughs in complex optical system design, ultra-precision optical systems, space optics, and shortwave optical multiple-layer films. The outcomes of this work have been successfully applied to CIOMP’s major national science projects. To further promote the innovative technological abilities of the applied optics field in China, SKLAO plans to establish new research directions and cultivate research in new subject areas. We are looking for an Executive Deputy Director of SKLAO to ensure the successful outcome of these plans.
1. Manage and oversee the research and research direction of the laboratory; set and successfully implement the laboratory development strategy; be aware of and understand trends in the development of related subject areas; and implement this expertise by ensuring the laboratory remains at the cutting edge of the world’s best research.
2. Establish a talented and innovative laboratory team through effective human resource management.
3. Ensure that the laboratory undertake cutting-edge, world-class research.
4. Promote the laboratory, its strengths and its values to CIOMP, to China, and globally via conferences, laboratory visits and other means to ensure that the laboratory has an influential role in the field.
5. Be responsible for and undertake major or key national technology research projects (including collaborative projects with international partners).
6. Strengthen international cooperation and exchange by forming relationships with respectedand highly reputable universities and research institutes outside China, and ensure the international standards of the laboratory are widely known.
Qualifications, skills and experience
1. Demonstrated ability to form and implement an internationally competitive strategic vision, which encompasses a clear understanding of the trends in national and international scientific research and the requirements for successfully implementing the plan.
2. Demonstrated strong reputation and academic influence in the field of modern optical technology.
3. PhD and professorships or equivalent positions in respected universities or research institutions in China and abroad (an excellent associate professor would be considered).
4. Advanced management and team-building experience, and strong communication and organization skills.
5. Working in CIOMP for at least 8 months each year.
Duration of employment
The successful candidate will be offered a 5-year contract. Continuation beyond the initial hire period will be subject to performance.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. If the successful candidate is working in a discipline not already established in the SKLAO, CIOMP will provide start-up funding of at least 10 million RMB.
How to apply
Please send your resume by email to MA Honglei at the address below. Your resume should include basic personal information, education, work experience, a list of scientific publications, and any other relevant information. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview, the time and date of which is subject to further notice.
Human Resources Department
3888 Dongnanhu Road, Changchun, Jilin 130033, China
52 Sanlihe Rd., Beijing,
Copyright © 2002 - Chinese Academy of Sciences